Hospitality Lawyers - Hotel Law Firm
With deep industry knowledge in the sector, Y+P’s team offers specialized services in hotel management and hospitality matters, including arbitration, dispute resolution, and transactions.
The hospitality industry is constantly changing and requires specialized expertise to navigate the dynamic landscape of hotel management and hospitality. Youssef + Partners has wide-ranging expertise and deep industry knowledge in this sector. Our team of highly experienced lawyers and business professionals have represented hotel owners and multinational corporations in several high-profile hotel management disputes and regulatory issues.
We provide dispute resolution services to clients in hotel management disputes, representing regional tourism groups and tourism operators in litigations before Egyptian courts and local and international arbitral proceedings. We also have an in-depth understanding of the legal issues faced by the hospitality industry, including complex corporate and regulatory matters, acquisitions/disposals, construction, employment, health & safety, licensing, litigation, real estate, and taxation.
Our services include:
- Representation in investment treaty arbitrations involving hotel management and hospitality investments.
- Expert handling of complex commercial arbitration disputes involving hotel management and hospitality operations, including franchise agreements, management contracts, and disputes with hotel guests.
- Advising on regulatory and licensing issues, expansions, divestment, and exit, including issues related to food safety, hygiene, and labor law compliance.
- Regulatory litigation concerning licensing issues, labor disputes, and other regulatory matters.
- Advising on contractual issues related to hotel management and hospitality, including construction, renovation, and financing of hotel projects, as well as disputes arising from hotel asset transactions and management agreements.
Contact us to learn more about how our hotel management and hospitality industry arbitration and transaction services can help you protect your business interests.
- The Firm represented the owner company of one of Cairo’s landmark hotels in a major and widely publicized hotel management international arbitration against a global hotel chain that emerged in the aftermath of the 2011 Revolution in Egypt. The dispute was one of the country’s and remains one of MENA’s highest-profile disputes. The arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules included issues concerning terminating a long-term management agreement, GM termination, physical control of premises, F&B contractual issues, reputational damages, and impossibility to perform.
- The Firm represented an international hotel chain in ICC arbitration claims concerning damages and vicarious liability brought by tourism operators.
- The Firm represented a regional tourism group in litigations before Egyptian courts in relation to its activities in Egypt in claims brought by a cluster of 14 tourism operators concerning issues of contract frustration and ensuing damage claims.