Our track record of victories speaks for itself. Recent and high-profile victories for our team include:
- Victories with awarded amounts of more than 500 million USD: We successfully represented foreign investors (through an Egyptian JV) in the second largest commercial claim historically against the Egyptian state or a state entity involving claims in excess of USD 2.3 billion, in relation to the termination of a 40-year concession agreement between the Damietta Port Authority and a consortium of some of the world’s largest shipping, port logistics and supply-chain management companies.
- High-Profile Settlement Involving The State or State Entities: The firm represented and secured a historical favorable settlement for investors in major commercial claims in the high-profile “Steam Boilers” case, relating to the judicial unwinding of the Privatization Program of Egypt.
- Post-Award Court Proceedings: Secured the enforcement of a USD 80 million foreign arbitral award together with interest in Egyptian courts for one of our international clients.
- Commercial claims against an Arab Sovereign Fund: We successfully secured a favorable settlement for our client, one of the World’s largest construction conglomerates, against the sovereign fund of an Arab State concerning major cost overruns, delays and disruption damages in relation to the construction of a national iconic project.
- Complex Commercial Arbitration: The firm’s team represented one of the Middle East’s largest investment companies in two related arbitrations arising in connection with the acquisition of share in a large group of companies, involving 16 parties, and cross-claims amounting in excess of USD 54 million.
- Complex Commercial Arbitration: We successfully represented exiting shareholders in a major UNCITRAL proceeding in a dispute arising from a partnership agreement of a closely held company incorporated in the UAE and holding multiple companies off shore. The dispute involved amounts in excess of USD 90 million and a number of orders for the specific performance of share sales.
- Complex Commercial Arbitration: The firm’s team prevailed in favor of a global UAE developer in major claims arising from construction and master development works conducted in one of the largest real estate projects off the coast of Dubai (the behemoth Dubai World project).
- High-Profile Commercial Arbitration: The firm’s team secured a major victory for the CBC Channel in eight-digit arbitration claims against former TV satirist Bassem Youssef and his production company, Q-Soft, in a dispute arising from the unlawful termination of a contract for the exclusive broadcasting rights of The Show.
- Commercial Arbitration: The firm’s team successfully represented a global group of companies in the field of supply of electrical power in arbitration proceedings concerning the construction of a cement complex with a Middle Eastern government.
- Criminal Law & Regulatory Measures: We secured the lifting of unlawful travel ban measures and an asset freeze issued against a high-profile individual and his family in context of a complex cluster of litigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Criminal Law & Regulatory Measures: The firm’s litigation team was able to secure the setting aside of two criminal judgments involving long-term prison sentences rendered in absentia against an investor. The dismissal ended a long-standing related commercial dispute against the government.
- High-Profile Post-Award Proceedings: The firm’s enforcement department was successfully involved in the enforcement of a multi-billion USD award rendered against a State entity. The enforcement proceedings occurred in 4 jurisdictions including Egypt.